Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Muuuuuuusic!

The one thing that gets me through the burning heat and humidity of summer (besides freeze pops, of course) is CONCERTS! Although we don't get too many great bands in Alabama.. there are some pretty exciting prospects!

Here's My Summer Concert Schedule

April 31st 
Crawfish Boil in Birmingham!
I'm only going Friday night, but I think it's a pretty good line-up. 
Like always, the Crawfish Boil delivers with 90's bands you swooned over in 9th grade and totally forgot about.
This year's Friday night line up is:
Fuel, Theory of A Deadman, Seether, Akon 
and Alice in Chains!


May 1st 
Alabama Blues Project's Blues Extravaganza
I'm not gonna lie. I love some blues. There's no better way to spend a Saturday then sitting in the sun, eating BBQ, and listening to a good guitar and harmonica. I can't WAIT!
It's in downtown Northport and I think you should come!

June 3-5
BamaJam music fest!
Now hopefully I can get up enough money for this to go with my roommate, because I'd really love to go see some great country (and some not so country) acts like Kenny Chesney, Hank Williams Jr., Citizen Cope, Buddy Guy, Robert Earl Keen, Travis Tritt, Zac Brown Band and Miranda Lambert

June 17th 
Lynyrd Skynyrd & .38 Special
Ok, Brett Michaels is coming, too, but I really couldn't give a hoot about him. Unfortunately, I think there are only a couple original members left in Skynyrd, but it should still be a good show. 

July 31st 
Steve Miller Band with Peter Frampton!
(This picture is awesome! Unfortunately he doesn't have any of that hair anymore)
I don't have any special plans to go to the beach during this time (it's at The Wharf in Orange Beach) but I will make this. I've been wanting to see Frampton for years and haven't had the chance. 

August 12th 
Lilith is coming to Birmingham!
This is an awesome festival for female singers and I'm so so so stoked to go. 
These are just the acts I like, there so many other acts participating! (Find them here.)
Cat Power, Chairlift, Tegan and Sarah, The Weepies, Norah Jones, Loretta Lynn, Sarah McLachlan, Corrinne Baily Rae, Heart, Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles! 
I realllly super hope most of these acts will be able to make it to Birmingham!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear (or read, rather) feedback..