Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ebb & Flow

Every (ok, almost every) morning since January 1, 2010 I've done what I like to call a "creative devotional" out  of this book..

There are daily lessons that try to get you to see your life in a more creative, happier way. At the beginning of every month, it allows you to point out things you need to let "ebb" (see at least 5% less of) and "flow" (see at least 5% more of) in your life. So as a precursor to the lovely month of April, I am going to make the decisions of what will really benefit me to ebb and flow in my life. 

Ebb
Sleep: I'd love to be one of those people who can do more before 8 AM then most people do all day, so I'm going to try to get in the habit of waking by 7 every morning! (Remind me to buy that Dunkin Donuts Turbo coffee.)

False Sugars: I know it sounds cliche, but false sugars like high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, Splenda and others wreak havoc on your body and take up to three times as much energy to break down as sugar does. So I'm going to make an effort to stay away from Cokes, etc. 

Flow 
Prayer: I focused on this in the month of March and I feel closer and more in tune with God than I have in years. I'm excited to see the new ways He will let me incorporate prayer into my daily routine and the doors that will open up to glorify Him through me and the people around me. 

Vegetables: I have no problem getting my recommended servings of fruits, but vegetables are a challenge- mostly because you have to cook them. I'm going to research easier ways to get more vegetables in my diet. (I want a juicer SO BAD!) If anybody wants to buy me this Jack Lalanne juicer, feel free.. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear (or read, rather) feedback..