Sunday, March 28, 2010

Baby (name) Fever!

Since about 367 people that I know have announced they will be having babies, just had a baby or are trying to have a baby, I've been thinking alot about baby names. (Calm down, Mom, it's just names). 

Family names are so very important to me, and I love to research who-was-named-what-after-whom and so on.  So I've complied my list of Top 3 Baby Names which I have tweaked since I was about 5 or so. 

1. Charles (Charlie) Schroeder 
Charlie after my beloved, intellectual Grandpa from my mother's side, and Schroeder from Peanuts (you       know, the one that played the piano that Lucy swooned over) My Grandpa always said that Schroeder was his favorite Peanuts character and I have followed suit. 


2. Clara Azalea 
Clara is my Great-Great Grandmother's name on my Dad's side. I think it's adorable for a little girl. Azalea was my Aunt Dorothy's middle name, she was an amazing interesting woman, she even sang and played the guitar in Luckenbach, Texas! 


3. Mary-Rachel
Ok, so I'm kind of lukewarm on this one. I want a double-name with Rachel in it because of the numerous Rachel's in my life: my sister Rachel, Ben's sister Rachel, my roommate Rachel, one of my best friends in high school Rachel, and an adorable Rachel that's in our college group. I would use Mary because of my Aunt Mary Frances who is the closest thing to Aunt B you'll ever see in real life. But I don't know- do you think it "flows" correctly?
My lovely sister Rachel and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear (or read, rather) feedback..